Monday 24 January 2011

The Triathletes Guide to the Galaxy...

As Douglas Adams wrote in the opening paragraph to his brilliantly funny book..

"Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.

Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-eight million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."

So, as one of the aforementioned "ape descended life forms" inhabiting this "insignificant little blue-green planet" what is my blog going to be about?


Well I'll tell you what it won't be..

It won't be anything highbrow or earth shattering!

In reality it'll most likely be a load of old nonsense out of which you ,the reader, might hopefully be able to discern the odd snippet that might prove useful (but I'm not making any promises).

Hopefully, together, we might learn something. Even if it's just a recipe for a really good flapjack or a tip for how to get Powerbar off your top tube!


I should say - these will be my ramblings from my own little world. I'll do my research where possible but most of what I say will be based on my own experiences and those of experts I trust and respect. Use the information that follows at your own risk!

I'll aim to include blog entries on anything that I might think my fellow swimmers, bikers, MTBers, runners and lovers of life might find interesting.


Hopefully, I'll talk about training, racing, kit, nutrition and a bit of what I'm up to when I'm not doing any of that stuff!


I hope you find it informative - or at least entertaining. 


Who knows, with a bit of luck, we might go somewhere to discovering the "Triathlete's Meaning of Life"....


I'm fairly sure it's not 42....

No comments:

Post a Comment